World Bugs: Issue Tracking

Bugs are made.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Your laptop may be fast but mine is on fire!

I really do like Apple, their initiative and creative R&D has definitely pushed the computer industry forward in leaps and bounds... truth be told I'm actually linux/unix fan since they switched to a BSD core with the best linux GUI on the market, I've been sold, hardcore.

But generally I don't like my computers not bursting into flames even though I'm an AMD fan (they didn't ever flame in my experience, but they are one with your mother board if you aren't keeping track).

So it is with the Sony lithiom-ion battery in iBooks, bursting into flames..standard operating basis for a batter, no?

Not all the fault of Apple, same thing happening to Sony just months prior. But I would rather like it if it were an over the ramparts effort to make good on the dangers sold by the companies. It's actually an excellent oppurtunity for these companies to earn some great goodwill by actions like these. Take the flap and turn it into a hit, it's possible.

All in all I say just watch out for these minimalistic "Our product may burst into flames" announcements, it's not fair to them or the customer... and you should learn linux, that way jokes like this are fun for you and family.